Ultra-Cavi Melt Body Shaping
How does Ultra-Cavi work?
Ultrasound Cavitation + RF is a FDA approved, non-invasive procedure designed to reduce localized fat by applying safe levels of ultrasound energy via a hand held probe to a targeted area of subcutaneous fat. With Ultrasound Cavitation treatment, tiny micro-bubbles are created in the fat cells, which weaken the fat to liquify, releasing their contents to be reused or eliminated by the body, which are subsequently disposed of through the lymphatic and liver, leaving the healthy cells intact. It is also effective in reducing cellulite, a condition which affects most women over 20, whether slim or overweight. When applied in conjunction with Radio Frequency (RF), and fascia vacuum therapy, the heating and cavitation effects can also promote collagen realignment and as a result will tighten the skin and reduce dimpling.
The results of Ultrasound-Cavi-RF are:
- Volume reduction of fatty layers.
- Body shaping and contouring.
- Skin tightening and toning.
- Cellulite reduction.
$125 per area | $75 for Face/Neck *RF only with a 20% discount when purchasing by the package of 8-12 treatments.
More about the treatments:
- Treatments are 60 minutes long, and are best performed in a series of 8-12 sessions, with ideally 2-3 times per week, depending on area treated.
- Treatment areas are: Stomach, Hips/Butt, Thighs, Upper Arms, Back and neck/face (RF only).
- Treatments are focused on only one area per series.
- Treatments do not hurt, and are FDA approved.
- Although your treatment is completely painless, you will hear a pitched hum or ringing in your ears. This is completely normal/safe, and should be expected. If you feel that is causing discomfort then please let your therapist know and she will adjust the frequency for you.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Heart Problems, Diseases or Pacemaker
- High Blood Pressure
- Kidney Damage, Diseases or Problems.
- Liver Damage, Diseases or Problems.
- Acute Inflammatory Processes
- Hemorrhagic Disease, Trauma or Bleeding
- Medical Plastic Parts or Parts With Metal Inside
- Abnormal Immune System
- Numb or Insensitive to Heat
- Avoid during Menstrual Period
Before & Aftercare Advice:
- Drink at least 3-4 litres of water each day during series. (soft drink, soda, juice or tea is not water).
- You should not eat 2 hours before and 1 hour after treatment
- Do not drink ANY alcohol in the day of treatment or 48hrs after.
- Using a dry skin brush daily will help stimulate lymph movement (your therapist will show you how to do this).
- Do not have a hot shower (warm is alright), spa or sauna 24 hours after treatment.
- Diet: Eating a balanced, healthy diet of lots of greens and fresh fruits is recommended.
- Exercise: Do brisk exercise for at least 20 minutes after your treatment to stimulate lymph movement.
- You can return to work or normal activities straight after treatment. An initial appointment is 75 minutes to collect your measurements, share your personal health history, take pictures and receive treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. By what other names are Ultrasonic Cavitation referred to? - UltraShape; Ultrasound Cavitation; Cavitation; Ultra Cavitation; Body Contouring; Body Sculpting.
2. Is Ultrasonic Fat Cavitation a safe procedure? - Yes, it is a safe, FDA Approved, comfortable, and non-invasive procedure with virtually no side effects. It does not require anesthesia, leaves no scars and does not require any post treatment. The ultrasound energy is designed to target fatty tissues beneath the skin only, and does not affect the blood vessels, nerves and connective tissues.
3. Is the procedure painful? - No, the treatment is painless. A slight tingling sensation or buzzing in the ear may sometimes be felt during the treatment. Some heat sensation may also be felt during treatment but no pain. Any slight reddening of the skin which may sometimes develop during or soon after treatment quickly disappears, some report a ‘post workout’ type of soreness.
4. On which parts of the body is the treatment most beneficial? – Thighs (saddle bags), Abdomen (love handles/pouch), Hips (flanks), Buttock, Back & Upper arm i.e. the areas of localized fat.
5. How long is a treatment session? – Treatment times may vary depending on the area being treated but a typical session will last between 30 minutes to an hour.
6. Does it work on Cellulite? - Yes, low frequency ultrasound (40kHz) generally works well on cellulite by focusing the ‘cavitation effect’ on the superficial fat tissue. Best results are obtained when the ultrasound is applied in conjunction with the ‘radio frequency’ (RF) and Vacuum Therapy, which helps to tighten and tone the skin and break up pinched fascia that creates the dimpling affect.
7. Where are fat cells stored? - Fat is stored primarily as triglycerides inside adipocytes cells located between the muscles and skin. The numbers of fat cells are the same regardless of a person’s weight but the size of the cells can vary greatly.
8. What instant result can I expect? - The ultrasonic cavitation treatment will often yield immediate results which you can feel, touch and see and it can be long lasting. However, more significant results will be noticed throughout a series with optimal results at the end.
9. What long term results can I expect with ultrasonic cavitation? - You can achieve ‘volume reduction’ of fatty tissues and ‘toning of the body’. The results are gradual over a number of weeks as your body clears the broken down fatty tissues. The results can be long lasting provided you follow a healthy diet and exercise program. However it is very easy to deposit fat again into the tissues if one over-eats, consumes too much alcohol or lives a sedentary lifestyle. Ultimately the result may vary depending on the individual’s different tissue structure, treatment area, age, metabolism, medication, and changes in hormones.
10. Can I lose weight with Ultrasonic Cavitation? - Fat Cavitation is not a treatment for obesity nor is it a weight loss procedure. Rather is a method for ‘reshaping’ and ‘toning’ the body. It is particularly intended to reduce localized fat tissues which are resistant to exercise around the abdomen (love handles), buttocks, and thighs (saddle bags), that won’t easily go away by simple dieting and exercise.
11. Are there any side effects with this treatment? – There are virtually no side effects. However on rare occasions there may be a slight possibility of mild side effects such as transient redness, excessive thirst, or nausea immediately after the treatment which is invariably resolved by drinking water. These are all short-term effects that disappear in a few hours.
12. What Guidelines should I follow pre-treatment and, post treatment? – Drink plenty of water. Drinking water is a necessary part of the treatment to facilitate the elimination of the broken down fat. Maintain a healthy diet to ensure that the energy released by the treatment is properly utilized and metabolized by the body. After the treatment patients are able to return to their daily activities as usual.
13. What are the ‘contraindications’ with Ultrasonic Cavitation? - Ultrasonic cavitation treatment is not for everybody. Even though it is a safe and painless procedure, nevertheless there are contraindications for using cavitation devices for treatment of localized fat. Such contraindications will depend on the individual’s medical history. Thus people with kidney failure, liver failure, heart disease, carrying a pacemaker, pregnancy, lactation, etc. are not suitable candidates for the cavitation treatment.
14. Are the results of ultrasonic cavitation similar to liposuction? – The ultrasonic cavitation can be considered as a treatment alternative to surgical liposuction. Both treatments are designed to reduce fatty tissues. However, Liposuction is ‘invasive’ while Ultrasonic Cavitation is non-invasiveUltraShape® is the first and only FDA-cleared, non-invasive body-shaping procedure to use focused, pulsed ultrasound energy to selectively destroy fat cells.